Subject: [Leica] Quito
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 21:21:20 +0530

Jim N, Don, Philippe, Luis, Howard C, Douglas B, Nathan
Thanks for looking.

Both the X-E1 and X100S make perfect travel cameras, being light and
compact. One son uses the former with the 18mm, 27mm and 60mm, and the
other one the latter. I take both off them when I travel, usually pairing
the X-E1 with the 56mm and X100S, which gives me a 35mm/85mm combo which
suits me. This trip, however, I had purchased a used 18-55mm kit lens at
B&H, so I just collected that and used it on the X-E1. Both the bodies look
well used and show visible signs of wear and tear, which is ideal when
wandering around the streets of cities like Quito, Sao Paulo or Buenos
Aires. I have seen no reason to upgrade either as yet, both have not had a
single day downtime in the years I have had them, despite never having been
serviced!

Cheers
Jayanand