Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Stone Collectors
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 11:40:50 -0500

Fascinating cultural image, definitely in Salgado's ethos.  Interestingly,
Atlanta has a large number of granite monoliths.  The most recognized is
Stone Mountain which was a loci for the KKK and is a protected park.
However, the lesser known are mined for granite which is plentiful and
cheap.  Northern India is on the foothills of the Himalayas which I presume
are granite and ultimately the source of those stones.  So the question;
why has no entity gone to the source and started mining the source and
using the same river to get them closer to end use?

On Sun, Jan 20, 2019, 11:43 AM Tina Manley via LUG <lug at leica-users.org