Subject: [Leica] infrared
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 22:54:57 -0500

If you recall, Leica famously had to provide free IR filters to purchasers
of M8s because the filter glass over the sensor didn?t eliminate the shorter
part of the IR spectrum, resulting in addition of a red component to the
image under certain conditions. Naturally, this ?bug? can be turned into a
?feature?, also known as making lemonade when life hands you lemons. An M8
makes a fine IR camera.

My first digital Leica was an M8. I supplanted it with an M240, and
repurposed the M8 as an IR camera.  I use it with a deep IR filter (a B+W
093, IIRC ? I?m away from home just now) and skew the focus empirically. See
here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/gallery/
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/gallery/>

?howard