Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 18/2/2019: testing a new lens
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 06:40:40 +0100

I do not buy much new photo equipment these days?the stuff I have is good
enough. But this week, on the suggestion of Moose on the Oly list, I picked
up a 12-32mm lens for my Panasonic GF1. On an MFT camera this range is
equivalent to 24?64mm, very useful  in a tiny package?this may well replace
the Ricoh GRII as my cycling camera (the Ricoh is still the choice when
pocketability and/or high ISO capability are needed). The lens arrived on
Monday, and I have been shooting with it this week to test it in various
circumstances.  It has been a busy week at work, so I have not had much time
to go out to photograph, and had to do most of my testing at the office.

This was the very first image on Monday:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-CzThMJL/A
Every company I have worked for since 1987, including the office where I
work now, has had a ?clean desk policy?. In every place I have heartily
ignored this policy, and I continue to do so. In my view, cleaning one?s
desk ranks right up there with washing one?s car as a total waste of time.

I then set out to look for more interesting subjects, so I prowled the floor
looking for victims. Many people were at lunch but our Greek colleague Eri
was at her desk:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-8927XVS/A

And this one of our cafeteria terrace, actually taken on Wednesday, is a
good test of the distortions of the lens?not too much, albeit this is with
the lens set at 17mm, so not at the extreme wide end:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-t936CK6/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman