Subject: [Leica] IMGS: B&W
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2019 18:50:07 -0500

I really think and this shot illustrates it that they way to do black and
white when your shooting digital is to use a digital camera or back.
Digital conversions done later have never quite made it for me. Once I see
them in color I seldom feel like taking all the color out. I always know the
colors are there. Shots I'd converted to black and white years later when I
look at the original raw file again I end up keeping the color when I
photoshop it again.
I hope the time comes when I can get set up with a Leica monochrome or other
digital black and white sensor and wow start investing in filters as I don?t
know if I can find the ones I used to use. My default was the 060 B+W yellow
green.  Is B+W  still in business it was owned by JSK Schneider? But I loved
a darker green or red for sky shots. And others. But the green I used the
most as they were the only ones which did not turn people in to creatures
from another planet.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 3/3/19, 12:11 PM, "LUG on behalf of Tina Manley via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    PESO:

    I posted a few B&W's from night markets:

    https://pbase.com/tinamanley/image/168874023

    And next.

    I'll have lots more B&W when I get to some of people working but they are
    usually such colorful people that I took far more color than B&W.

    TIA for any comments.

    Tina

    --
    Tina Manley