Subject: [Leica] Steinheil - Douglas
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 11:32:13 +0000

Thank you Alan for your list and pictures. This Lithagon is VERY surprising!
And the Canon 50 does a very neat and sharp job. I like your cyclist
picture! JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3 at uwmalumni.com>
Envoy? : jeudi 21 mars 2019 15:41
? : lug at leica-users.org
Objet : Re: [Leica] Steinheil - Douglas

Wed, 20 Mar 2019 Jean-Michel Mertz <j2m46 at hotmail.fr>wrote:

>Thank you, Douglas, for your comment. Well, looking at ebay prices this
Steinheil lens is currently fetching, the price I'm quoting seems quite
>reasonable. Too much for a "good but not great" lens? That's the question!
By the way, I think I'd gladly welcome a list of the lenses the LUG would
>classify as "great"! JM

>Jean-Michel Mertz
>68750 - Bergheim
================================================================================================================
1. I would list as "surprising" a lens I have - an 85mm f/1.5 Enna Lithagon
in Leica thread mount.  At f/1.5 and f/2 it has a glow over a sharp image,
and by f/8 gets very sharp.  It's so heavy that it has its own tripod
socket.  I was given this lens by a man who used to manage the Burke &
James lens bank, but I had to take it apart and re-synchronize the RF
helixes.  Now that doesn't matter with my Fuji X-E2 and EVF.
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Enigmatic/20141115_MR_Mine_DSF1425.jpg.html

2. If you can find a good example: Canon 50mm f/1.2 LTM.
See large.
At f/1.2 - <
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Miscellaneous/20180103_MR_Mine_DSF4944C.jpg.html

At f/1.4 through a windshield - <