Subject: [Leica] Eagles by Fuji
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 16:39:22 +0000

Wonderful pictures - so sharp and so well balanced! JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Howard Cummer via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
Envoy? : mardi 30 avril 2019 15:51
? : lug at leica-users.org
Cc : Howard Cummer
Objet : [Leica] Eagles by Fuji

hi Luggers,

At the Otter Bay ferry terminal the other morning Ma and Pa Eagle were very
active.
I didn?t have my Nikon equipment with me but rather the Fuji gear - namely
the XH1
(with useful IBIS) and the very sharp 100 - 400 zoom. I have been frustrated
with
the Fuji?s continuous focus performance but after much internet searching I
have set up a new set of settings to help it keep up with and follow focus
the
flying birds. Nikon and, perhaps, Canon camera designers can still sleep
reasonably well at night!

Here is the bird landing on the ferry pier - claws out:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2019/Canada/Eagles/DSCF3088C.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2019/Canada/Eagles/DSCF3088C.jpg.html>>

and then shift left for several more in flight action photos.

This is my favourite - surprised that both birds are in sharp focus with the
narrow depth of
field of the Fuji zoom at 400mm. Still here it is:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2019/Canada/Eagles/DSCF3017.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2019/Canada/Eagles/DSCF3017.jpg.html>>

Can be viewed large if you like. The Fuji sensor draws with greater contrast
compared to the D500 Nikon.

C&C always welcome.

Howard