Subject: [Leica] Scaling down my kit
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 17:06:04 -0700

Oliver, I'll add a "me too!" to this thread.? You will be able to figure
out what lenses you use the most.? Or at least, the lenses with which
you took your favorite shots. In your case, you might also ask yourself:
"What kinds of pictures am I realistically going to take given my
situation? And what focal length would be best for those pictures?"

Another possibility would be to put each lens on your camera for a day
or two and shoot with only that lens. See how you feel about the shots
from each lens. That might tell you something.

Is there a specific reason to limit yourself to two lenses?? You don't
have to carry all of them every day.

Since you're using an M8, your 35mm Summicron is an almost-50 with a bit
more room (47mm equivalent). If it were me, I would keep that lens, and
one other. I know that when I used an M8, I used a 35mm lens way more
often than any other.

Regardless of what you decide, keep shooting. Limitations are no fun,
but it's better to do what you can.? Doing what you like is a key to
staying with it, and with us.

Hope this helps!
--Peter

https://lightroomkillertips.com/lightroom-can-tell-you-which-lens-is-your-favorite/