Subject: [Leica] Just wondering
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 19:36:28 -0700

Hi Brian & Jim,
When I first joined the LUG many years ago I became a daily poster of
pictures and I loved it. AND ALL LEICA GEAR! My gear consisted of M
bodies,lenses 21,28,35,50,1.0 Noctilux. 3 SLR motor driven BODIES.
SLR LENSES: 21,28,35,60 MACRO,135,280 SLIDING BARREL. 2 EXTENDERS THAT I
QUITE OFTEN put together on the 280mm lens! WOWIEIEIE!!!600 mm whatever?!:-)
Basically it was my LEICA WORLD!!!AND IT WAS GREAT! :-)
Most occasions 3 M cameras with "Tom Abrahamson" rapid winders hung around
my neck onto my chest. NECK STRAPS ADJUSTED ONE CAMERA ABOVE THE OTHER!
2-SLR'S ON MY RIGHT SHOULDER WITH motor-drives VARIOUS LONGER LENSES.
Gradually it seemed the LUG grew into a kind of "RAT PACK OF ALL KINDS OF
CAMERAS and folks of all natures!"
Also it seemed my photo demands of assignments became broader in subjects
about the world and "my LUG" enjoyment computer time I enjoyed so much, was
being weaned faster & faster due to work demands.
Before I realized it, I had slowly slipped away from computer time reading
mail!:-( Then
illness and coping with my wife's death added to my dropping away from being
one of the "LUG GUYS!" "OH YEAH & TINA" Whom I finally met at the LEICA
SEMINAR I gave every year on CAPE COD NEAR Boston"
And the computer demands became lesser & lesser! Then my illness, selling
off most of my equipment & becoming semi-retired! :-(

Of late, I read more screen time and possibly my LUG-TIME will return as it
appears lots of new folks! USING LEICA'S????????
I have used LEICA GEAR daily on assignments for magazines, newspapers, wire
service, international sports, OLYMPICS=SUMMER & WINTER and all kinds of
professional sports, Still's for Hollywood movies "URBAN COWBOY" with John
Travolta. And stills for the NATIONAL FILM BOARD OF CANADA PRODUCTIONS.
I suppose checking my background would fill you in with other bits & pieces?
Due to my near 40 years involvement with the medical profession covering
everything from babies out of the womb all the way to filling the coffin!
5 hard cover coffee table size B&W medical books that have been published &
sold about the world.
Anyway CREW hopefully my regular return will be welcomed as long as my 90
year old body will hold together to my dying a day after I've reached my
100TH birthday.27 MAY 2029!
Hi Brian, I'll do my best to quietly slip along helping where I can with
your approval?
THANKYOU MOST KINDLY!
cheers,
Dr. ted grant O.C.