Subject: [Leica] Just wondering
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 21:17:44 -0700

> including images in email posts (I suspect) opens tons of hassels with
> bogus files and explodes Brian?s server space

The original reason for not allowing attachments in LUG emails was
security. It is easy to hide dangerous malware and viruses in jpeg
files. But computers are 50 times faster now than they were when this
all started, and it is now routine to screen inbound email for malicious
things.  Disks are now 800 times larger at the same price, so server
space is not an issue in 2019.

I could easily enable the transmission of jpeg and tiff and gif and png
files if there is consensus that it would be welcome. I wouldn't want to
lose Sonny over it, though.

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Just wondering)
Message from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] Just wondering)