Subject: [Leica] Ted
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 21:43:27 +0100

I gave a brief talk on Ted and his place in history to my camera club
tonight - via our weekly Zoom meeting. I also gave them some of Ted's
hints culled from Nathan's webpage, and showed them the Trudeau
banisters photo. Any of them who were young in '68 remembered the image,
and I gave them the line "Before that image, Canada was mounties,
lumberjacks and Canada Dry to most of us over on this side of the pond,
but Ted showed us young people that Canada also had charisma."

I had been thinking, after a phone call last night, about my Leaving
Cert year in school which was also in 1968, and remembered that ten of
my year went on to become doctors, six of whom went to Canada, and
stayed there. I wondered could it have been the effect that image had?
Who knows, but I'll ask a couple of them at the next reunion - that is
if we're still around and able to travel in October...

Douglas