Subject: [Leica] Leica M6 Anniversary: Stripping an M3
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2024 16:51:40 -1000

I know i did my refurb before the invention of laser cutters, so it was hand
cut or stencil cut. I did/do not care.? The fit was pretty amazing.

I remembered I had an older 90 Elmar(? Elmarit ?)that had missing vulcanite
from the ring right next to the mount.? I bought a replacement piece of
rubber from eBay and did the work in about 15 minutes.? Perfect. ( Or at
least perfect enough for me...).? Certainly it was not and is not a
collector
quality or rarity piece.

Neither was my M3.? The Me had lots of little fiddly holes that needed to
match up.? The ring around the 90 had only 3 holes.? Pretty much a different
degree of problem.

Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at Gmail.com