Subject: [Leica] Leica Q3 43mm lens just announced
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2024 14:52:54 -0500

Thank you for the suggestion.  I already have and use a Sony A7RV with
the 35mm GM lens for a walk around camera.  The number of very happy Q
users on the LUG and the limited fondling I have done at LSI meetings makes
the Q3 interesting: I have never got along with a 28mm so the 43 makes
sense for me.

I have liked the Fuji 100 series in the past but can not get over the APS-C
sensor: for the 40mp it will be as noisy as my 60mp full frame but with 50%
less cropping possibilities.  As someone who took to Ted Grant's theory of
wo click w shooting I frequently make use of the room to crop.  As well,
they Fuji seems to be perenially out of stock or in very limited supply.
Of course, so are Leicas.

Of course there is always the spouse watching budgets and your point of
camera and world vacation would appeal to her without the camera.