To: leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: 40mm Summicron vs. 40mm Rokkor...?
From: Jack Hamilton <0002022804@mcimail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 95 17:54 EST

-- [ From: Jack Hamilton * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

As the fates would recently have it, I was recently (in the last week) able to
pick up a "Leitz/Minolta" CL, with a Japanese made 40mm Rokkor lens...The price
was "real right"---so I could pass it up. In my Leica collection I presently
have a "Leica CL" complete with the 40mm Wetzler-made Summicron-C and a 90mm
Wetzler-made Elmar-C.

What kind of realistic comparison should I expect from color transpar. made
with the two different 40mm lenses.

I assume that the Minolta Rokkor is a "copy" of the Summicron, albeit licensed.

Any one here used both?

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA