To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 35 vs. 50 summicrons
From: "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 03:24:45 +0000
Cc: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>

Following on from my concern about the sharpness of the 50mm Summicron-
R, I did look up the post elsewhere that said it was an underperformer.
As we all know, you can find tests to say all sorts of things, and I've
learned not to take much notice generally of test results, especially as
they apply to Leica lenses. But I'm wondering about this lens. Does
anyone know whether the 50mm Summilux-R is known to be sharper? Any
experience or opinions with these two lenses? It seems that if I want a
50mm lens for an R body, the choice is rather small. But I'd like to
have the sharpest one. Any info appreciated.

joe b.

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net> (Re: 35 vs. 50 summicrons)