To: w.j.markerink@a1.nl
Subject: Re: Hologon for Leica M/fisheyes for RF's?
From: "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 18:21:17 +0000
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

In message <9601190017.AB12136@a3>, Willem-Jan Markerink
<w.j.markerink@a1.nl> writes

>Since a few years, I am hooked on IR photography, and my SLR fisheye is
>one of my favorites....but this SLR limits me to dark red filters, real IR
>filters (87 and darker) are difficult to operate (rearfilters cq. too
>large front size). I would therefore love to add an rangefinder fisheye to my
>collection....:-)
>Any thoughts?

I have the same interest in getting exotic wides to work on the M; I can
use a 35 or 28 with an opaque IR filter and presumably a 21 as well as
viewfinder frames or accessories exist for these lengths, but not for a
fisheye. I understand that certain SLR lenses can be put on adapters and
used on the M with scale focusing only. With a suitable viewfinder that
could work I suppose.

I just wonder if the 16mm/2.8 Russian fisheye (M42) that is advertised
for around UKP 110 is a good prospect optically, and also wonder if it
takes screw-in filters. If so it might be mounted on the M body with an
adapter and the only problem remaining would be viewing. I'd  attempt to
estimate the effect if I had an idea of the field of view covered. I can
see myself ending up with a peephole door viewer mounted on my
hotshoe...

Joe B.
Replied: 19 Jan 96 13:11