To: msmall@roanoke.infi.net
Subject: Flash Sync Using Cubes on Leica III-F B/D Conv.
From: rondm@q.continuum.net (Ron McBurney & Bill Clarke)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 15:28:16 -0500
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Hi Marc:

I picked up a need little Agfa Flash at the local fleamarket today. It has a
nice little case and a small
turrent that holds the flash cube.

My question to you is: Do I use the same flash sync setting as an AG-1 bulb?
That setting is listed as 11 in the
chart that you sent me awhile back at 1/30 sec. Bear in mind that my III-F
is a Black Dial conversion from a III-C.

Using electronic flash, my setting is 2.5 and it works great. I goth this
number from the person whom I purchased the camera from, and the B/D
conversion had it's own chart in one of his "Leica Manuals" or the "Leica
Way". I do
not have access to the books at the moment, hence my question to the
resident in house Virginia Expert on
Leica. The chart that you sent me recommends a setting of 2 using electronic
flash with a Black Dial camera. I have no problem using 2.5, but in regards
to the flash cubes I need a setting. I use 16 using a #25 bulb in the CEYOO
or chico flash, and that works fine. I would like to use these flash cubes
when "showing off" for they are easier to find than #25 bulbs and alot cheaper.

By the way, my friend still has that Mint bellows II w/belloes hood and 90mm
f2.8 chrome Elmarit lens attached to it. He wants $ 495.oo and it is mint.
Great for someone who already had a Viso. The glass in the Elmarit is
perfect and the bellows is Mint like new.

Look forward to receiving your reply on the flash cubes.

Bill Clarke

P.S. Did you receive the pictures yet ?