To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: R6 on approval, should I keep it?
From: "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 1996 04:16:37 +0000

Hi all.

I have just bought a used R6 that is very nice, it's within the shop's
guarantee period (it's even within the approval period so I could return
it and get my money back) and it did something it shouldn't have.

I was playing around with it with a lens on it, no winder, cable release
or anything else, and one shot at 1/8th locked up; the mirror stayed up
and the diaphragm stayed stopped down. After a bit I turned the shutter-
speed dial and it unlocked itself and it worked ok after that. In every
other respect it seems really ok, very nice condition, etc.

What I want to know is; is this a good reason to give this particular
camera a miss and try another, or can I just get it serviced under the
shop's guarantee (and expect exemplary performance thereafter?). My
inclination is to keep it, get it looked at, and then I'll have a newly
serviced R6. Does this make sense?

I know its the weekend, but swift responses particularly appreciated so
I can decide what to do.

joe b.

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net> (Re: R6 on approval, should I keep it?)