To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: 90mm f/2.5 COLORPLAN-P2 CF
From: msmall@roanoke.infi.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 09:57:56 -0500

I just acquired one of these to upgrade my P150.  Most interesting:  it is
an all-metal lens made in Portugal replacing the original all-plastic
made-in-Germany Hektor.  The optical quality IS somewhat better than that of
the Hektor and the field illumination appears to be corner-to-corner,
resolving the primary complaint I've had with the original lens.  The only
drawback is that it is quite a bit heavier than the Hektor, and the focusing
is thus a bit slower.

The price was reasonable, $150 US, and delivery time was -- are you ready
for this?  THREE DAYS.  I still have back-orders from Leica (the camera
adaptor and two eyepieces for my APO-Televid spotting scope) which are now
more than a year old.  There's also a non-CF version available for the same
price.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!