To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 135mm Tele-Elmar f4.0
From: Kalessin@eworld.com
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 09:48:41 -0800

It means you have become a better photographer, and can find value with
less change in focal length than before. Your appreciation for
subtlety in composition is maturing.

It's like 50mm lenses. When someone says it's a boring focal length, I
tend to believe it means more that they're a boring photographer. I'm
not aiming that comment at anyone here or elsewhere, btw.
<<

Better or worse, boring or exciting ... these qualitative words are
difficult. I know my own habits have ebbed and flowed, what I see in a
photograph, when I photograph, has changed several times over the years as
fit my mood, personal circumstances, target likes and dislikes.

For years my lenses became wider and wider angle, I did most of my work close
in and personal, spatial seperation via perspective differentiation. In the
past two/three years, however, I'm moving out again. I've refound the 50mm,
the 70mm, the 90mm. Seperation via focus selectivity.

I do portraits with wide angles, scenics with telephotos; I've done the other
way around too. The key is to see images, express what is in your mind/heart,
capture the image that reminds.

Godfrey