To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Which lens to buy?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 19:27:31 -0500
Cc: nwu@login.net (Nelson Wu)

Of the 50's, the dual-range is the best choice:  it really is a handy and
neat lens.  The rigid is preferable to the collapsible -- its optical
formulation is be a tad better.

As for the 90's, I'm no great fan of either Elmarit or Tele-Elmarit.  I
strongly recommend the collapsible 4/90 Elmar, a wonderful and most useful
lens, and it DOES collapse to the same size as the 50mm lens.  I also have
the current 2/90 and have previously owned the older version:  both are most
wonderful lenses but the older design is quite heavy.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!