To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: first lens
From: Mark_Bishop@ipc.co.uk (Mark Bishop)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 08:43:24 +0100

BReisner@BOMC.TIMEINC.COM (Brad Reisner) wrote:
>Hi. Getting an M6 sometime this month, and was wondering what

>recommendations people have as to the best first lens to get (assuming one

>will be starting off with a single lens). I am leaning towards the 35 F2

Before now I have made the mistake of buying a camera with *one* lens without
considering which my next lens purchase should be. For me the rationale for
buying a Leica was to take unobtrusive, hand-held coloour transparencies, so
fast lenses are a priority. Accordingly by ideal system is 21mm, 35mm Summilux-M
Aspheric, 75mm 1.4 (ideally also aspheric if they ever launch one).
Unfortunately I am something of a perfectionist hence will only buy brand-new,
sealed-box equipment, so have so far made do with only the M6 body and 35mm. A
75mm will probably be next.