To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: focus lever or knurled ring?
From: Mark_Bishop@ipc.co.uk (Mark Bishop)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 08:48:10 +0100

There has been some discussion on this group about the redesign of the 50mm
Summicron-M to replace the focus lever with a knurled focus ring. Can I ask
which arrangement members prefer, and why? Also, is it possible to have the
factory or someone else (I am in the UK) convert a lens from one focus type to
the other. My 35mm Summilux-M aspheric is of the second type and so has the
focus lever but no knurled ring. Its predecessor had a knurled ring (possibly
also a lever - can anyone advise?) I would like to have the knurled ring if
possible.