To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: M6 to appreciate in value?
From: Mark_Bishop@ipc.co.uk (Mark Bishop)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 11:06:32 +0100

Several people have contributed to this group, speculating as to whether the
secondhand values of M6s will rise or fall. My view, for what it's worth, is
that the M6 may well be the last of the all-mechanical Leica rangefinders and,
as such, could be the one that collectors one day (I mean several years hence)
will covet.

Looking at the sales success of the Contax G1 (which I detest, having made the
mistake of owning one, albeit briefly, when they first came out) I think that
Leica will be tempted to build something which moves some way towards that spec
and construction method. It will probably sell well, but purists will hate it.

Anyone hear any rumours which prove/disprove this hypothesis?

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net> (Re: M6 to appreciate in value?)