To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M6 to appreciate in value?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 10:24:11 -0700

Mark Bishop wrote:
> Looking at the sales success of the Contax G1 (which I detest, having made the
> mistake of owning one, albeit briefly, when they first came out) I think that
> Leica will be tempted to build something which moves some way towards that spec
> and construction method. It will probably sell well, but purists will hate it.
>
> Anyone hear any rumours which prove/disprove this hypothesis?

You are absolutely correct that Leica is coming out with a competitor to
the G1. They have unofficially acknoledged it through several different
people I know who have contacts inside (including a major magazine
editor.) BUT, they are emphatic that this camera will not replace the
M6, or the M7 which is years off. And they just refuse to talk, or
speculate on what the M7 will be like.

--
Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR