To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M6 to appreciate in value?
From: Michael Reichmann <michaelr@interlog.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 14:53:14 -0400

I agree with your perspective.  I too bought a G1 (and 3 lenses) when it
first came out but within a month had sold it. What a disappointment --
though the image quality from the lenses was superb. (Fortunately they were
still "hot" when I sold it and I didn't lose too much money).

Though Leica may tweek the M6, I think it's at its nadir and any new RF
cameras from Leica might well move away from the strictly mechnical bias
that they now have.

It will be interesting to see what the R8, which is rumoured to be announced
at Photokina this fall, will be like.  It may show a trend that could apply
to any future M model.  It's now been 12 years since the M6 was introduced.
Even for Leica that's a looong time between models.

Michael