To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Various M6 threads
From: Michael Reichmann <michaelr@interlog.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 19:21:39 -0400

I know it's almost heresy to suggest it, but seriously consider the regular
Summilux, particularly if you can find a very good used one, as I did.

My testing shows that from f/2.8 down, it's every bit as good as the
Summicron.  It isn't as good as the Summicron at f2.0, but at f/1.4 it beats
the pants off it. <g>

The ASP versions is clearly to be desired, but if you want or need the speed
for the type of shooting that you do, the 35mm Summilux is a great lens and
only 1mm longer than the Summicron -- making it a wonderful travel lens.

I'm a fanatic, and take lots of equipment with me when I'm shooting nature
and landscape, either 35mm or 645, but when I'm traveling on business and
can't take more than one body and lens, the M6 and 35mm Summilux is it.
Compared to a point and shoot with a typical f/2.8 of f/3.5, the world is a
different place at f/1.4.  If I can take one more lens then the 90mm f2.8
Elmarit is a good companion -- no speed, but very small and light with
superb image quality.

Michael