To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: self-intro
From: Tom Hodge <thodge@charweb.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 18:02:08 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Stan Yoder <syoder+@andrew.cmu.edu>

L.U.G. -ites,

I echo Roger's points and offer any apologies if I've ever mentioned any
wording that hit a nerve or insulted anyone.  My sincere apologies.  I
get pretty wound up about some things and might be the first to fire off
a phrase that doesn't sit right with all concerned.  Sorry.  I guess we
all need to realize that there are a whole lot of people "lurking" out
here and the "usual" group of contributors might be used to the lingo.
New and old, let's have a clean sheet of paper and I'll run down to the
john and soap out my own mouth voluntarily!

As to the "cap" characters above the numbers, they're open to
interpretation by anyone who knows what the general intention of such
text represents.  It's far from the actual words themselves - at least
it's a very emphatic - and actually polite way - of exprssing EXTREME
feelings without actually swearing.

Consider my act cleaned up.

Regards,

Tom