To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: R Series Question
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 96 09:44 PDT

I have an R5 w/90mm f2 & 180mm f4 lenses.  I travel a lot, and have
considered replacing the 180 with a Leica 2x converter, simply for the
weight saved. The 90 + converter would effectively be the same as the 180.
But converters always lower resolution/contrast, though I have hopes the
Leica one will do better.

Does anyone have any experience with the Leica 2x, and if so, how close will
it come to the sharpness/contrast/etc. of the plain 180?

All comments appreciated.  Many thanks.
David Young: youngs@IslandNet.com