To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Help on Leica #5000
From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@a1.NL>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 12:41:41 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wjmarkerink@mail.a1.nl>

#1300-60000.

4-digit
truly mint = $2000
super clean = $1200
average  = $600.

5-digit
truly mint = $1000
near mint = $650
average = $200-300

[The Leica I was the first commercially produced Leica model, and the
first mass produced 35mm camera of high quality. These facts make the
Leica I a highly sought camera among not only Leica collectors, but
general camera colletctors also. Black enameled body.
Non-interchangeable 50mm lenses in collapsible mount with helical
focus. "Hockey stick" lens lock on the front of the body is the most
obvious identification feature.]

Never seen Russian forgeries with this kind of serial numbers (only
Leica III's with 6 or 7 digits I believe, so it sounds real.

Bye,

     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
                     _/_/_/

The difference
between men and boys
is the price of their toys