To: Fred Ward <fward@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Howard Chapnick's death
From: Tom Hodge <thodge@charweb.org>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 11:29:57 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Dear Fred,

I have heard of Black Star but not of Howard Chapnick.  It's simply not
something that ever 'wound my clock'.  But reading your extremely
meaningful description of the operation more-or-less from it's formation
to Howard's passing left me feeling very touched.

I can tell you and the rest of photojournalism lost not only a friend but
an esteemed, professional collegue.  I cannot imagine how anyone else
could have eulogized Howard any better than your very poignant message to
all of us out here - those who did know him as well as those who never
had the pleasure.

"Je suis le chuchotement d'un; mais la voix de beaucoup"........

To you, Fred, and to everyone else out here who knew him as a friend or
professional associate, please accept my most sincere sympathies on the
loss of your friend, Howard Chapnick.

Tom Hodge