To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: "NDN" messages
From: Jack Campin <jack@purr.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 00:07:59 +0000

gthrall@ix.netcom.com (Glenn Wm. Thrall) wrote:
> I've been getting the following "could not be delivered" note when
> sending mail to the Leica List. This is a sample. Nothing has changed
> at my end. Any ideas, or just the hot weather?
> Or, it could just as well be NetCom!

>> From: Mailer-Daemon@learnnet.nt.ca (Mailer-Daemon)
>> Subject: NDN: Re: Case for M6
>> To: gthrall@ix.netcom.com

It's not Netcom's fault.  "North of 60 BBS" is using FirstClass, a bozoid
bulletin-board system (for Macintoshes only, I think) which can also connect
to Usenet and Internet-based email services.  It has a bug in it (which its
implementers refuse to fix despite having been told about it years ago) which
sporadically sends these garbage messages to everyone who posts to a Usenet
newsgroup: or, it seems, an email digest.

This has gone well past the point of sending polite messages to sysadmins
(not least because any attempt to email the sysadmin will just give you
another "NDN" message back); mailbomb the bastards, make obscene phone calls
to them 3am, ask their feed site to cut them off, and above all do your level
best to ensure that First Class vanishes from the face of the planet as soon
as possible.

jack@purr.demon.co.uk  -  Jack Campin, 2 Haddington Place, Edinburgh EH7 4AE

Replies: Reply from Blair Nonnecke <blair@convivia.com> (Re: "NDN" messages)