To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 21mm Dilemna
From: jredfern@ftn.net (J. Redfern)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 96 16:09 EDT

>I have a well beatup Super Angulon that I would not part with. I'd grab it
>at the price you quote. Remember that it won't meter on the M6, but who
>cares?
>
>kw

According to Osterloh's Leica M book (example obtained before recall and
hence sheds pages like a cat would hairs) only 21mm F3.4 Super Angulon's
with serial numbers below 2314921 will not meter correctly with an M6 body.
The example that I'm considering the purchase of has a serial #27XXXXX
therefore I should be okay. (Not that I use M6s but, heck, you never know
one of these days I might consider going back to a 35mm that takes a
battery)
        Are Osterloh and myself potentially mistaken?
Thanks,
Jae