To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: MR4 meters
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 08:04:38 -0600

Friends,

I very much doubt that active regulators are provided inside the MR4 meter.

I don't have an SL, but have an SL2. This camera does not have any
regulation. I would strongly advise you not to listen to store clerks and
other "experts" who say that the new batteries, like the PX625A, will work
in your camera.

The CdS meter technology was based on the inherent characteristics of the
mercury-oxide battery. Personally, I like these meters. Unfortunately,
everyone hates mercury-oxide batteries.

People are hipocritical, however. They should also stop using gold. Much of
the mercury pollution comes from illegal use of mercury in gold processing.

I don't have any experience with the new Wein batteries. They may work.
Would anyone wish to comment?

Best regards,

Chris