To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: M3 Upgrade
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 22:55:56 -0400

When I returned my M3 to Leica for a cleaning about 15 years ago,
particularly since it was loosening up and fungus got into the rangefinder
optics, Leica NJ replaced the rangefinder optics with an updated design I
never saw on another Leica. The rangefinder spot had extensions on the top
and bottom of the rectangle as if to call the user's attention to the center
of the area. Does anyone have a Leica with that configuration. I was told
that it can indicate some focus information.

Bob Rosen

Replies: Reply from TONY GALT <galta@GBMS01.UWGB.EDU> (Re: M3 Upgrade)