To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Exakta
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 18:50:24 -0400

Gerard (Captijn),

Thank you for the background on Exakta. It's career is interwoven into the
history of our times. You cleared up a lot of my ignorance about why it faded
from the market. It seems that quality cameras to survive must compete in a
worldwide
market driven by the demands of professional users. I reckon we on the Leica
list represent that market, and in the final analysis Leica, Nikon, Minolta,
Yachica, etc. must satisfy our needs for quality and handling. And our
requirements are constantly changing. So it's a matter of endless innovation
and fine-tuning of enduring existing designs like the Leica M.

I appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

Bob Rosen