To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Nikon M6
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 07:53:33 -0700

At 12:13 PM 8/15/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Whether or not this guy is a fraud is certainly up for debate, but there
>seems to have been some effort to verify his opinion -- including a
>suggestion that the date of the photo in the original caption may have been
>incorrect ... by several months.

I think it's a couple years off. And I also think no one else is going to
get into it, because the G1 is pretty much taking up the category that is
"below" the M6 in the rangefinder market. Not that someone couldn't make a
go of it, but I don't think the major manufacturers have the guts, or
insight?, to try and be successful.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB Chair