To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, ThomasP@POSTOFFICE.nacm.com
Subject: Re: Auto focussing
From: Pablo_Mendoza@ROOSEVELT-PROVOST.ucsd.edu
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 10:41:00 -0700

     Hello Y'all,

        I've been away on vacation for three weeks and just reread this as
     I was going through my email.

        The new Contax AX came to our local camera dealer recently.  It's a
     large thing, kind of like an RTSIII w/ a thicker body.  Weighs about
     the same as a Nikon F4.

        Anyway, at the store, someone brought in his own Contax equipment.
     He put on a few of his lenses and all seemed to work.  Then he put on
     his 300mm.  Then the AX stopped functioning.  It seems that the lens
     and body didn't bayonet correctly.  Luckily, the Contax Technical rep
     was on site and got it to function correctly.  But a lot of interest
     dissapated when the problem occurred.

        Hope this is interesting.  I don't have any other details.  I
     wonder what caused the malfunction.