To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leica-M close up attachments
From: jredfern@ftn.net (J. Redfern)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 96 11:30 EDT

I recently purchased a boxed "Sooky-M" close up attachment in super
condition and at a good price through the net.
        According to my Hove pocket reference accesory guide (1989) this
attachment is designed for: " M series  cameras with collapsible  f2.8
ELMAR 50mm or f2 SUMMICRON 50mm. (I'm unsure as to whether this refers to
the rigid or collapsible SUMMICRON) Reproduction ratio scale from 1:5.5 to
1:15.
        I was hoping for a nifty mildly close focussing attachment to carry
around day to day with an M body and my 50mm collapsible ELMAR; only
trouble is: there doesn't seem to be any way of attaching my ELMAR to this
thing.
        Another curiousity is the fact that the reproduction ratio scale on
my attachment reads from 1:15 to 1:7.5.
        I was wondering if I got an attachment packaged in the wrong box
but, again referring to my Hove accessory guide I am unable to find out
which attachment I actually have here. It looks exactly like the
illustration labelled "SOMKY" on page 41.
Do I need an additional tube or spacer to mount any lens on this thing?
I'm currently at a bit of a loss so if there's anyone on the list who's
familiar with these close up accessories, I'd appreciate any help at all in
identifying which attachment I have, how one mounts a lens to it and
whether or not I need any additional items to use it.
Awaiting with baited breath any suggestions that may be kindly offered,
J.Redfern