To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Russian 35/2.8 alloy lens worth servicing?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 17:31:54 -0400

At 08:22 PM 8/27/96 +0100, Joe B wrote:

>My recently purchased Russian LTM 35/2.8 needs the rf cam adjusted >simce
it registers the infinity setting as out of focus when used on a >camera
known to be correctly set. This lens is extremely light and >appears to be
made out of some light alloy. Would someone with some >experience of Russian
lenses like to suggest whether I a] get this one >adjusted or b] get rid of
it and look for another made out of something a >bit more solid (assuming
that such exists)?

When it is at infinity (focused clear against the stop), what distance is
shown?  The lens is probably focusing properly -- the distance scale is all
that is off.  You can do this one yourself with a jeweler's screwdriver and
a few British-Made curses to go along for good measure!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!