To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: 3rd Party M Accessories
From: jredfern@ftn.net (J. Redfern)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 96 18:51 EDT

I am always somewhat amazed by the versatility of my M series Leicas as
well as their incredible durability.
        This durability and the fact that many 40 year old M series bodies
and lenses are still in active service, ensuring, if not vast yearly sales
figures, certainly a huge active user base has meant that many third party
gizmos have been made available over the years.
        I wonder if the users of this list would be able to help compile
something of a list of third party accessories either once or currently
available for M series Leicas.
        As well as the recent mention of the abrahamson rapidwinder, I know
of the "M-Grip" produced by GMP products (which I use on occasion to
improve handling of M bodies with mitts), the Komura 2X teleconverter,
"really right stuff" quick release plates and, I beleive there was mention
on this list of a soft shutter release.
        Are there any other interesting 3rd party M series accessories that
subscribers to this list make use of?
J.Redfern

Replies: Reply from Fred Ward <fward@erols.com> (Re: 3rd Party M Accessories)
Reply from Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net> (Re: 3rd Party -rewinds & adapters)