To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: How old are we
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 12:23:20 -0400

An excellent question that I hope more people will address in order to give
LUG members some idea of the membership's profile.  I think it is quite
obvious that for a married couple with two to three children to raise Leica
equipment is a luxury. I have quite a bit of equipment most of it purchased
new but I have been buying Leica gear for over twenty years.  I am 51 years
old,  have a decent job with above average income but am by no means
wealthy.  I don't have vacation property but probably could have afforded
something earlier in life if I had not purchased so much Leica gear.  For
my family this may be our loss and at times I wonder if I could have pout
that earlier disposable income to better use.  BTW, NONE of my friends or
acquaintances have or would spend the money for Leica gear.

Paul T. Collura
pcollura@epix.net