Subject: Re[2]: lens tests
From: "Christopher W. Morrow" <CMO1@MUSIC.STLAWU.EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 09:38:15 EST

Roger recently wrote that:
                                                                        p in
                      Lepp mentioned that a few years ago, for an article in
>Outdoor Photographer, he had conducted a test of six competitive lenses and
>found one to be significantly better. That manufacturer was understandably
>pleased, but the other five threatened to stop advertising in OP if the
>results were published. They weren't!
>
>If true, then even the vaunted OP magazine has slipped into obsequity [sic]!
>IMHO it has over the last several years that I have been reading it. We're
>right back at square one. Read all you can get your hands on, read between
>the lines in what you read and make the best informed opinion that you can.
>*You* are your own test lab!
>--

For those not familiar with it, George Lepp publishes the NATURAL
IMAGE out of Los Osos, CA. It carries no advertising. In it he does
not pull punches when it comes to rating equipment (most of it the
SLR kind). It's a quarterly publication. I'm at work without info,
but if anyone is interested I can reply privately or on the list