Subject: Re: 90/2.8 -M v. 75/1.4 -M
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 06:27:21 -0600

At 06:43 PM 11/4/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I'd advise thinking carefully before buying the 75/1.4.  The depth of field
>is really shallow at 1.4 and to hand-hold and be safe you need 1/125 for
>that size and weight lens. I thought I would use this lens a lot because my
>favorite SLR lens is an 80/1.4, but for some reason on the Leica I prefer
>either a 50 or 90.  Don't really know why! Tina

Tina,

Thanks for the post to the LUGs.  Yours is the third response from a 75mm
owner.  I had an 80/1.4 for my F4 (which I no longer own) and really liked
it. My thinking was to have a 75 with a 35 (also my 21), rather than a 50
and 90 with the 35 and 21.  Is the 75 easier or harder to hold than the 90
at 2.8 or 2.0 (depending on which lens is used???)

BTW the last I heard on the LUG from you was a trip to South America (??)
how did it go?? We went to Reston, Va to visit our daughter this fall for
three weeks and arrived at the same time as a freeze.  The fall foliage was
great.

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK