Subject: Re: 90/2.8 -M v. 75/1.4 -M
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 22:40:11 -0500 (EST)

Dick:  I can hand-hold the 75 and 90 at about the same speeds, and logically
should get better results from the 75 for the kind of shooting I do - very
low light, lots of people - but for some reason I always prefer the results
from the 90.  It may be in my head or there could be a problem with my 75. I
do think I'll send it off to be checked; it's too expensive to have and not
use.  My trip to Central America was great. I now have a boy from Honduras
staying with me for a kidney operation. I took photos of the entire 5-hour
operation and used my Leicas.  I used all of my lenses and much prefer the
ones with the 35mm and 21mm. I just like the greater depth of field.  I got
within a foot of the incision and had to really watch the parallax!  Tina

At 06:27 AM 11/5/96 -0600, you wrote:
>At 06:43 PM 11/4/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>I'd advise thinking carefully before buying the 75/1.4.  The depth of field
>>is really shallow at 1.4 and to hand-hold and be safe you need 1/125 for
>>that size and weight lens. I thought I would use this lens a lot because my
>>favorite SLR lens is an 80/1.4, but for some reason on the Leica I prefer
>>either a 50 or 90.  Don't really know why! Tina
>
>Tina,
>
>Thanks for the post to the LUGs.  Yours is the third response from a 75mm
>owner.  I had an 80/1.4 for my F4 (which I no longer own) and really liked
>it. My thinking was to have a 75 with a 35 (also my 21), rather than a 50
>and 90 with the 35 and 21.  Is the 75 easier or harder to hold than the 90
>at 2.8 or 2.0 (depending on which lens is used???)
>
>BTW the last I heard on the LUG from you was a trip to South America (??)
>how did it go?? We went to Reston, Va to visit our daughter this fall for
>three weeks and arrived at the same time as a freeze.  The fall foliage was
>great.
>
>Dick Hemingway
>Norman, OK

Images by Tina Manley