Subject: R8
From: Mike gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 1996 16:57:15 -0500

Has anyone in the group bought an R8 yet or had the chance to try one
out?
BTW, for any eastern US LUGers, this Friday, Saturday and Sunday is the
W.B. Hunt Photo Show at the World Trade Center in Boston.  Every major
photo manufacturer or distributor will be there with all the
latest,including Leica-usa.  Show prices on gear generally run just
 about = to B & H New York prices.  I am assuming that I will be able to
look at an R8 there.  Just wondering if anyone had any user impressions
yet.
Mike Gardner
ps I also like to read "streams of conciousness" like Kevin's post on
the 75/1.4-90mm subject.  One of those lenses is in my "near" future.
Posts of user impressions help me relate a piece of gear to my method of
photography better than numbers on a chart would.