Subject: Re: Bruckner Edition M6
From: Mike Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 17:31:31 -0500

J. Redfern wrote:
...I couldn't care less if others see my Leicas as
> anachronisms or out of date. My Leicas vary in age between 10 and 40 years> and do what I need them to do.
> I use them because they are built like panzer tanks with some very
> fine optics and I know that they will work in any conditions that I  expose myself to. The same cannot be said for the "cutting edge" wonder
> bricks...The only "improvement that I would care to see implemented would be> an increase in the flash sync speed. Other than that, leave it alone.

Amen!  The M6 is a photographers camera and works beautifully for its
intended purpose.  "Concentration on the basics" or something like that.
The camera is lightweight tough and dependable.  How many wars has it
been through?  IMHO, any additional electronics would be superfluous and
any "ergonomic improvements" a waste.  Lets have a few dependable
anachronisms left in this world that we don't have to "update" every two
years like these blasted computers!
Regards,
Mike Gardner