Subject: Leica Preservation Society AGM Announced!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 19:23:39 -0500

At 09:41 AM 11/13/96 -0500, Charles E. Love, Jr., wrote:

My problem is that that money ought to go
>to rejuvenate the M series, as you say--and it doesn't seem to.  Wonderful
>as it is, the M6 is a bit of a joke to some non-Leica users, because it is
>essentially identical to a design from the '60s,

Well, no.  It's all-but-identical to a design from the '50's and shows
strong traces of its heritage arising before the First War.

But, when you've done it right, why change it?  I see no reason to revamp
the M6.  If they did, I might be forced to start shooting something
god-awful like Nikon ...

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!