Subject: Re: Light, portable camera
From: "Joe B." <Joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 02:04:51 +0000

In article <1.5.4.32.19961115140007.006dd3d8@roanoke.infi.net>, Marc
James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> writes
>>I need a small, simple, and discrete in-pocket camera, which I can
>>always bring with me. I am a little fed up with *shoulder cameras* and
>>photobags. Even the M is too heavy for everyday use. I want a
>>point-and-shoot that gives me creative control as well as the ability to
>>take a brainless 1 second picture.
>
>Hmm.  I suggest you take a gander at a used Rollei 35.  Save for the scale
>focusing, it's everything you're asking for, costs less than the Minilux,
>and has a superb lens.  And it's the smallest package which can be had
>around a spool of 35mm film -- it's smaller than anything else on the market.

Also consider the Minox 35ML- it fits into small pockets a bit easier
than a Rollei 35, and if you're so inclined it looks unbearably cute in
its tiny eveready case on its tiny neckstrap with a tiny lens hood on.
And it has aperture priority autoexposure, and if you want to be really
lazy, program exposure also, and exposure lock for those tricky
exposures. If you know how to zone focus, it's really easy to use.
- --
Joe B.