Subject: R4, R4S
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 96 14:28:05 PST

     Hi,

     Somebody said that R4S had been as problematic as the earlier R4,
     which is quite opposite to what I have been hearing from the dealers.
     According to them, R4S should be fine because Leica simplified the R4
     to R4S by taking Programmed and Shutter-priority modes off.  These two
     modes were causing a bunch of problems in the electronic circuits.

     As far as I know, R4S-P is basically the same as R4S with a little
     more advancements.  Also all the R4's manufactured after Leica
     introduced R4S-P should be no problem if Leica fixed R4 problems on
     R4S-P.  Any comments on this would be appreciated.